How I got into YOGA

How I got into YOGA

от Ksusha Yogi -
Количество ответов: 0

I was standing in the line to the Wells Fargo bank to open an account, already being irritated that they were not able to set up an appointment for me. The old guy behind me was watching the situation and me trying to finally resolve that kind of bad service. Finally the cashier called that old guy and he said ‘I am waiting for this ignorance to die’. After his words everyone smiled and I felt so good and my husband said “That old guy understands life”, and I replied “He is a better yogi than me”.

I was studying in Technical University when I saw an ad called “FREE Yoga class” mentioning Yoga for the first time in my life. I wanted to join it and asked my boyfriend about it. But he said that we didn’t need it, some new unnecessary trend but I was so curious and even asked my friends after they had gone. They told me that they liked it so that was the first time I heard the word ‘Yoga’. 

Without knowing about yoga I was already on that way. I was impressed by that time with 2 books. First one was “Easy way to lose your weight” although I didn’t need to lose my weight. The book was so easy to read even though I don’t like to read. But I was so impressed how logical and easy his theory was and we decided to be vegetarian. It was like 15 years ago. It was so hard because it was new and people around us didn’t understand it. But we were together with my soulmate boyfriend so I am proud that we made it till now! 

The second book was Kastaneda so it gave me my first shock at the realization that this world is not only the material around but something huge and hardly perceivable.

When we moved to Moscow we lived in the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology campus. And again I saw an ad called ‘Free Yoga classes’. Now I was firmly in. The instructor was a graduate student of that university and he did yoga classes by himself. We were so excited by his class, we fell in love with yoga right away. He was a beautiful instructor giving us new stuff every time, and especially pair yoga. We were so impressed that we were showing all the asanas to our relatives but they were not that excited as us. After that we started to learn yoga a lot, we were practicing by ourselves, attending different yoga schools in Moscow.

One day I decided to learn all the names of poses that we did in our yoga class. I printed them with the names and hung them on the wall to remember. But I was not able to find one more advanced pose and when I was googling it I found International Open Yoga University. I was so amazed how much information they have, how they organized it. So I registered for free online courses, back in 2012. So since then I have been studying those courses that changed my life dramatically.

I was so much into yoga so I have decided to get my certificate of yoga instructor and of course in my understanding the best place to get it was India, Rishikesh. 

My husband, my sister and I went on that journey. I was so blessed to be able to convince my husband and my sister to come with me. It was an amazing experience and we learnt a lot of great lessons over there. All of us got 200-hours certificate of yoga instructors spending time with a great teacher with a few like-minded people in the ashram.

I saw an ad about yoga instructors for 4 years in Open Yoga University and it was sitting in my head for a lot of years. I understood that I had no time because it is very intense studying for 4 years with no breaks so I was not able to afford it by my time capability. But then with some events that had ruined my family life I found myself in the situation that I had no chance to be an independent, self-sufficient person who is responsible for all my actions. Also my friend helped me so much to make that decision. I was so happy he was in my life at the right time. Fortunately my family situation got resolved and I think if not that worst situation in my life I would have never joined that university. Now I don’t have free time and I'm busy every single day but I know and feel I am on the right path and the further I go the more I prove I do what I have to do. 

I am still on my way learning lessons in my life and capable of smiling when I hear advanced people 'waiting this ignorance to die’.

Приложение yu.jpg