The need for specific recommendations and techniques for performing in the state of "rajas" and for the practice of Karma Yoga

The need for specific recommendations and techniques for performing in the state of "rajas" and for the practice of Karma Yoga

от Nikita Prahlada -
Количество ответов: 0

01. MY THREE POSITIVES.

"1) I flew in a dream. In about a third / a quarter of dreams, at some point I understand that I am in a dream, usually towards the end. And it turns out such a short period when I do relatively what I want and get freedom. I can’t say that awareness is very bright, but rather a part of me understands that I'm in a dream.I sometimes use this part for flights.It's very interesting that I have direct full control, I can climb quite high, 15-20 meters (about the height of the 5th floor) so fast, but about like riding a bike at an average speed.The skill did not come immediately, about 7-10 years from the first attempts to control this process (the last 2-3 years I directly realized that I now consciously completely control it, i.e. and stop mid-flight and turn and descend)

2) I changed my winter jacket for a summer one, finally)

3) the end of the yoga mat was bent all the time in one direction, twisted it when folded in the other direction and the end stopped bending) it’s always hard for me with positives because, in principle, it’s positive and I can describe almost any event of the day and it’s positive .. always introduces in a stupor three positive)) "

02. MY REFLECTIONS AND DISCOVERIES.

I find it interesting that sometimes some messages turn out to be written as if I were entering into an correspondence polemic with someone, and I can’t understand where this comes from me and how to fix it. But I haven’t found it yet, I’m writing as it turns out) it’s better to let it be so than nothing) maybe in the process and I’ll understand how to get away from this “battle with myself” on paper)))

back to the topic.)

> The need for specific recommendations and techniques for performing in the state of "rajas" and for the practice of Karma Yoga

Thoughts once again returned to our classes in karma yoga in the NW. I was always amazed that, as a rule, sometimes the most profound provisions, they are enclosed in an inconspicuous little phrase. Such small pearls, which for a huge text for several hours of reading can be only 5-6, sometimes less. But this is such a phrase that fits in one sentence or phrase, but behind which there is simply great value for self-knowledge. As if we were archiving files by compressing their size, or encoding information, then a huge amount of data can lie in just a small file or, in this case, a phrase.

This time my attention was drawn to the phrase from the test to the steps and from the materials. Ready?)

"The task of karma yoga is to bring us to the understanding that the higher "I" and the mind are not the same thing.

To be honest, the first time I met this line, I almost didn’t even miss it, I was delayed for a moment, but went on.

It doesn’t mean that everything else that is in the steps about karma yoga is not important, but for some reason it seemed to me that this turned out to be, if not the most key, then definitely one of the key places over which there is a great desire to reflect. There are a lot of explanations on various topics in the steps and courses. And probably there will be more, and perhaps the answers to my questions will be in other steps. Probably. But I'd like to reflect on this place

How should karma yoga be done, or how should karma yoga and work without expecting a result lead us to disidentification with the mind and transfer, if I may say so, the points of support from the mind to our higher Self?

Or ... how and why should this be the end result of such work?

While this is just a question without an answer for me, which I digest and try to connect these dots in my head

This also includes another place that caused me questions - this is the feeling that there is a lack of description of specific methods of how to do it (performing karma yoga) and what to look for when doing such karma yoga. Yes, there is a general guideline and a general direction of movement, but in terms of specific practices, karma yoga feels like part of the knowledge has been either lost or not rediscovered. I feel a lack of certain provisions .. some .. understatement chtoli.

We have a thought in the steps of the course "move from tamas to rajas, gradually you will come to sattva". Yes, I agree. but only rajas rajas strife. Someday, one day, perhaps this will lead to sattva, gradually, but for some reason there is a need for additional specific clarifications.

For example, in terms of hatha yoga practices, we have specific techniques, we move the body to different positions, and relax, immerse ourselves in sensations, try to remove tension from the body and thus "clear the channels and centers." Here, as they say, sometimes even 5-10 sessions are enough to feel what is at stake and how much you almost immediately feel the result. It will take years to polish, but you know exactly what to do.

The same description of specific techniques for karma yoga is missing. For some reason, there is a strong idea that these methods exist, should be, or that they are already ready and hanging in the air, but it is not entirely clear how to articulate them into specific recommendations and methods of action to apply during work (any). At least some of the dynamic meditation series. What to pay attention to during the execution of a specific job?

For example - to direct attention to awareness during work. Trying to pull yourself out of "falling asleep" in a routine. This is just one example. And it is precisely such practical recommendations that are lacking. And they are very necessary, because we spend a third or more of our lives at work, many times more time than we spend on a separate practice of ordinary yoga (who, of course, but for the most part I think close to the truth).

Such techniques would be very useful. From a series of specific recommendations on what to pay attention to when you are doing work, or some kind of meditation to do in parallel with work (many people have intellectual work and it is easy to do, and those who have a large proportion of the physical part of the work, I think they have their own life hacks and there). Recommendations, at least from a series of where and what to pay attention to and what to focus on (except for the joy of fulfillment, which is generally a very good recommendation, but it feels like there should be something else, or in more detail). In general, this is where the thoughts went. I'll probably stop here. Again, I wrote a lot

This is not a criticism or a complaint, for some reason I always re-read my messages and I have the very feeling that a person is dissatisfied with something))) I can’t understand where this is coming from, or it seems so to me. But this is rather just a request, these are the questions and directions of thought in the process of internal search that arise and I describe. I don’t always have time to find a ready-made answer myself, so sometimes such a “semi-finished product” appears in messages, i.e. questions without at least an approximate answer (which even frustrates me a little actually)).

03. MY INSPIRATION IN YOGA FOR THE WEEK.

I really like hatha yoga, from the moment I changed the mode of training and switched more to my own rhythm without binding to postures, body positions and the time spent in them, it just opened up some kind of huge space for experiments and observations

04. MY GRATITUDE AND PRAISE.

Yuri Dharma and Tai Kamal for interesting lectures

05. I WANT TO PRAISE MYSELF.

for consistent daily meditation practice

06. PERSONAL YOGA PRACTICE IN A WEEK.*

every other day hatha yoga 30 minutes-hour

07. LEARNING DIFFICULTIES.*